Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Takutai Riesling

Takutai Riesling is made of the Riesling grape variety which is a light-skinned, aromatic grape. This particular wine came from the Nelson wine region, which is located in the South Island of New Zealand. It's year was 2009. I really enjoyed this wine. One reason may be because I enjoy sweet wines. This wine has a sweet feel yet a floral one. It had it's acidity as well even being sweet. It is a very refreshing wine that I think would be very enjoyable in the summer. This wine would probably be good anytime, but I can just picture myself out on the back porch, enjoying a nice chilled glass of this while listening to birds chirping and the water in the pond running. It is that sort of wine that makes you have happy thoughts. I really enjoyed it. The Vintage Cellar describes this wine as a wine that tickles your palate and makes you ask for more. They said that the sweet entry is balanced by a bright acidity and retained spritziness. They said the wine is lovely and refreshing. I would agree with them. It is delicious and they seem to be enthusiastic about this wine, so that is always a good sign as well. I did not have food with this wine. I tasted it on its own. Goes just fine on its own, but I am sure it would be paired nicely with many foods. This could be a nice desert to the end of your meal even. At the Vintage Cellar this wine costs $14.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment