Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasting-Laya Spanish Red Blend

This wine is Laya Spanish Red Blend. Its vintage is 2010. It is made  from 70% Garnacha and 30% Monstrell. It is from Almansa, Spain. It costs around $7. They did not specify in the Gourmet Pantry and I could not find it to find out the definite cost. I did however find it on the web, each time around $7. This wine threw me off a bit. Its aroma is that of a fruity nature. I picked up on rasberry, cherry, and lemony hints. So, I expected to taste these aromas as well. When I tasted the wine it was extremely woody. It had a very leathery taste that made it seem like a more rustic type wine. It made my palate tingle. I enjoyed the experience, but this wine may be a little too much for me. As my wine palate extends, I may come back to this wine again. It's just a very strong taste. It is very bold. Many of the reviews I have read said that this wine is an easy drinking wine, and that they love the woody flavoring. The Gourmet Pantry did not provide me with a review so I searched on my own. Most of what I can tell people really like this wine, particularly for the price. If you like French Oak flavored wine, then this wine is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment