Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Takutai Pinot Noir

The variety of this wine is pinot noir a red grape of Burgandy. It is from the Nelson region which is in the South Island of New Zealand. When I sniffed the wine I got hints of floral, cherry, and rasberry. It was full of potency. The taste was even stronger. It had a smooth taste with a spiciness to it. Undertones of woody smokiness stood out to me. It made my tongue tingle even though it was a rather dry wine. This wine was full of flavor, but I warn you, if you are not into full bodied wines, this wine is not for you. This wine has no real sweetness to it. It is a 2009 vintage that seems that it has aged nicely. I love Pinot Noirs so this wine was right up my alley. I usually have this with food, but I did not in this case. The Vintage Cellar says that this wine exhibits soft fruit tannins, delicate structure, and a good balance. They said it was a highly likable, flavor packed wine for consumers new to the delights of the Pinot grape. I would agree with this statement. If you are not too "hot" on bold flavors then this is not for you, but this wine could ween you into liking Pinot Noir. It's sort of like the "bold coffee" of the wine world. At the vintage cellar this wine costs $14.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment