Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Allegrini Renacer Enamore

This wine is called Allegrini Renacer Enamer. It was another 2009. It costs $29.95 at the Vintage Cellar.It is a blend of Malbec (60%), Cabernet Franc (20-25%), Cabernet Sauvignon (10%), with minor proportions of Syrah and Bonarda. This is actually a Bordeaux blend typically. It is from the Mendoza region of Argentina. This was another first for me. I had never had this type of wine before. Its smell was very full. It had aromas of fruit, sweetness, floral, spice, and plum. Its taste was just as full. It is a smooth wine that isn't that bitter. It has a hint of sweetness. It also is sort of spicy. I had never had a wine that was sweet and spicy. The Vintage Cellar review said that is is a ripe, concentrated red, with nauances of cocoa, sweet spice and licorice accenting a core of jammy blackberry, raspberry and plum skin notes, which linger through the long, savory finish. I didn't really pick up on the fruit in the taste but in the aromas I did. I enjoyed this wine because it was different. It has a lot of flavor, but it wasn't too strong. Very nice finish on it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment