Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting-Ksana Bonarda

This wine was a type that I had not tried before. Bonarda is made up of 4 different types of varieties of red grapes, 3 from northern Italy and one from Argentina. Mendoza is the region that this wine is produced, and it is the largest wine region in Argentina. It was a 2009 vintage. At the Vintage Cellar it costs $12.95. It is an interesting wine. It has a scent of fruity, floral, berry. Its taste it bitter and has a bite. It is a wine that will almost "wake you up". For me it seemed sort of like a strong instant flavor. It is dry and tingles on the tongue. I don't know if I loved this wine right away. It is possible that it will grow on me though. The Vintage Cellar said this wine is floral and lightly jammy, with berry aromas and a savory note or two. To the uninitiated, this is a great introduction to Bonarda.  I will try this again one day so that it may grow on me. I'll be more prepared for it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment