Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasting-The Crossings Sauvignon Blanc

This wine is called The Crossings. Its vintage is 2011. It costs $16.99 at the Gourmet Kitchen. It is a Sauvignon Blanc. It is from the Marlborough region of New Zealand, in what is called the Awatere Valley. In this wine I detected hints of melon as well as apple. It had a very floral aroma with along with taste. The wine was a bit bitter in a refreshing way. Its acidity really makes it stand out when chilled. This makes it have a very ripe flavor. There was no review given by the Gourmet Kitchen, but on the web I found plenty of reviews stating that it is a nice refresher. If you like acidity and brightness to your wine then you will like this wine. They state that you can really detect the grapefruit in it. This is something that I didn't think that I picked up on until now. I am not a huge fan of grapefruit because of its bitterness, but now I see why I thought the wine was bitter. Unknowingly I picked up on the grapefruit. This is a nice wine. It really seems to me like it is a palate cleanser. If you like potent wines this wine is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment