Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tasting-Silk

This wine is a wine from the Belle Meade Winery in Nashville, Tennessee.  It is made from Concord grapes.  Yes, you heard correctly, concord grapes.  This wine is another American wine, truly.  The vintage of the one I tasted was 2010.  You can buy it online or at the winery for $19.50.  Silk is quite a sweet wine obviously.  It is not complex at all.  It just tastes like concord grape juice, the happy version.  I don't think that is a bad thing at all though.  I actually liked this wine.  It was sweet with a bite or crispness to it.  I thought that was rather refreshing.  I didn't have food with this wine and I probably wouldn't.  I would probably just have this as a dessert wine, meaning it would be my dessert.  The winery's review on this wine stated that it is Americas original dessert wine.  They said it was robust and semi-sweet.  I don't think that it is semi-sweet, I think it is full on sweet.  This is another wine that would be great chilled in the summer.  I would be very happy to just have a bottle of this relaxing on the porch.  I actually imagine myself drinking this on the 4th of July watching fireworks and enjoying with friends.  I am a visual person and if I associate something with a good thought such as this then I like it so needless to say I enjoyed this wine.  It was my first wine made from Concord grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment