Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tasting-Iroquois Red

This wine is a Cabernet Sauvignon variety.  The vintage I tasted was 2010.  This wine is from Nashville, Tennessee from the Belle Meade Winery.  It is an American wine.  It can be bought online or at the winery for $25.  It is barrel aged for 2 years in French Oak barrels.  It was a really good Cabernet Sauvignon for my taste.  It was not too bold and slightly sweet.  Its aromas were oak and of dark fruits such as plum.  I'm working my way through wines trying to adapt my palate to tannins and this wine really didn't have that overpowering tannin taste, which was really nice.  It was very smooth.  The winery says that it is a medium-bodied wine with good balance.  They said it was soft on tannins and sweet with black fruits with an earthy finish.  I agree with this review.  I didn't have any foods with this but I think this wine would go nicely with a steak or some grilled vegetables.  With that earthy taste it would pull the grilled charring flavors from anything from the grill so I think that would be nice.  I could imagine having a nice meal outside from the grill during the summer on a cool night.  That image is very enticing.  I would recommend this wine because it is not an overpowering Cabernet, but if you like big bold flavors, I'm not sure this wine would be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment