Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tasting-Caprice de Bastor-Lamontagne

This wine is a Sauternes, which also indicated the region in France that it is from.  It is a blend of Sauvignon and Semillion in equal parts.  It is a product of France, but it is imported to the United States by D.S. Trading Company in Virginia Beach, Virginia.  Its vintage is 2004.  In the Vintage Cellar this wine usually sells for $30 but I was able to pick up the bottle on sale for $9.95, and I am so glad that I did.  This wine is delicious.  I have to tell you it starts out with a sweet woody  feel then it hits you with an acidic finish that is out of this world.  It would be a lovely dessert wine or even just a complimentary wine to a nice fish or chicken.  This wine is rich with flavor and accents.  Its nose was not really indicating that is was a very sweet wine.  It more was a fruity tart smell.  I was very pleased with this wine.  It has also been barrel aged which I felt gave it unique characteristics.  Its reviews are pretty high and they say it is good on its own or even with foods as well.  This wine is highly recommended by me and others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment