Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tasting-Blackberry

This wine is the Blackberry wine from the Belle Meade Winery.  It is located in Nashville, Tennessee, which is an American wine.  It can be bought online or at the winery for $19.50.  It is made from fresh blackberries.  I had never had a wine made from any other type of fruits than grapes before, but I have to say I am a fan.  A little background on this wine is that on the Belle Meade Plantation they used to make homemade wine from blackberries in a mason jar, so they are continuing the tradition.  Of course, they no longer make it in a mason jar, but it does make you understand and feel something different about the wine.  The vintage of the wine I tasted was 2010.  All I can say about this wine is, it is really not complex, but that is most definitely not a bad thing.  The aromas were of blackberries and so was the taste.  This was not a disappointment though because it was sweet and also crisp and refreshing all at one time.  This was one of my favorite wines I tasted at the winery.  It was just so different and delicious.  The winery says this wine is a semi-sweet wine with pronounced berry flavors.  They say cheeses, red meat, and pork would be nice with this wine.  I feel like anything you ate with this would need to have a bold flavor so as to not be overpowered by the wine.  The wine is very flavorful so you would need a sharp cheese and very flavorful meat.  I highly recommend trying this wine out.  I know that I could not resist buying a bottle of this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment