Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tasting-Carriage House White

This wine is interestingly enough created with Vidal Blanc grapes. Its vintage was a 2010.  You can buy it online or at the Belle Meade Winery for $19.50.  It is made in Nashville, Tennessee by the Belle Meade Winery.  Obviously it is an American wine.  The aromas I detected from this wine were overwhelmingly citric with a after-note of floral.  On the palate the wine is pretty dry, but remains crisp and fruity.  It would be a great wine for a hot summer day because of that crispness I believe.  I really think that this wine would be nice with white meats and cheese.  I think that a sharp type of cheese would be spectacular with this.  The winery says that this wine has apple pie and citrus aromas.  They state that this is a semi-dry wine that would go along wonderfully with seafood.   I agree that it would be nice with seafood.  I can imagine drinking this with a nice shrimp dish.  That would be delightful.  I do recommend this wine and others from this winery. I looked up some reviews online for this wine and how well it was liked and I did not see anything negative about it.  It is just a very nice table wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment