Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tasting-Red Muscadine

This wine is made from Muscadine grapes.  The one I tasted was a 2010 vintage.  It is from the Belle Meade Winery in Nashville, Tennessee.  It really truly is an American wine.  Muscadine is considered the "American grape".  This was by far my favorite wine at the tasting I believe.  It can be bought from the winery (which I did) or online for $19.50.  This wine was delicious.  It just is simply a sweet delightful wine.  Oddly enough it did have a sort of dry finish to it.  The aromas are notes of the melony, plum type.  It reminded me of the grapes I would go pick out in my grandmothers back yard and enjoy on a hot day.  This might be why I thought this wine was so good.  It was sweet with that true "grape" flavor.  When you think of the standard grape flavor of America, this is it.  I believe this would just be a great summer wine just to have relaxing, but I don't know if I could share it with friends.  The winery reviews this wine as a traditional Tennessee wine and it is best chilled on the porch in the summer...heaven!  I completely agree with that statement obviously.  This wine I would not recommend if you are looking for something with complex flavor, but I would if you are wanting a fun summer drink with friends.  I do believe this wine would be nice with some bread and oil dippings, or some appetizers.  I believe this wine is a carby wine that should be the wine you have when you are ready to splurge on some carbs, or like I said just by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment