Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting-Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon

This wine is called Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon. It is of the Chardonnay and Semillon grape varieties, 80% chardonnay and 20% semillion. It is an Australian wine from the south Australian region. This wine's particular year is 2008. It is priced at $5.95 at the Vintage Cellar. 
The Vintage Cellar review:
They say that it gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot, and butterscotch aromas. They saythat the medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish.
My review:
As sweet as this wine sounds I didn't taste the sweetness I expected. The smell however was sweet and fruity with floral-like essences. The taste though was rather bitter. It did have a citrus bite. I found it to be rather sour almost. It had a fizzy essence on the tongue even with not being a "sparkling" wine per-say. With that fizz came a type of burn almost like spice. I have to say that I am not the largest fan of this wine, but maybe if I were to pair it with some sort of food, then I would be much better off and enjoy the wine with it being less bitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment